Monday, July 15, 2013

Warren posting this time

Warren posting this time. We have completed a full week of training and started into the second week.  Last week I was surprised when we went into the MTC for the first day and right behind us was Jay Thelin and his wife.  Jay lived just down the road from our farm way back when I was a little guy on the farm in Orton, Alberta.  He was close to my older brother Cal's age.  Jay and his wife are heading to serve a mission in Finland.  Then today we began another round of training, and when I introduced myself and mentioned that I was originally from Alberta, a voice across the room said "where in Alberta?"  When I said Fort Macleod, Elder Lee Sheffield chimed in that he was raised there too.  Lee is also older than I am, between my older brothers' ages.  He shared some fun stories that he remembers about my old hometown. He and his wife are heading to Australia for a mission.  He and I exchanged more Fort Macleod stories for some time between our training sessions today.
We are learning computer training and the EXTENSIVE  Internet Missionary Operating System (IMOS) that we will need to know in our assignment in Sweden.
I am really enjoying the experience at the MTC.  We leave for Sweden on Friday, though, and that is when the real excitement begins.  Our shuttle will leave Provo at 3:30 AM, for a 7:30 AM departure out of Salt Lake.  We travel through Detroit, Amsterdam, and then to Stockholm, arriving about 18 hours after we depart SLC.
They had Swedish meatballs on the menu in the cafeteria tonight.  They seemed so appropriate.......

No comments:

Post a Comment