Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The day finally came. After visiting all of our children and enjoying our time with them immensely, we finally arrived at the MTC in Provo, Utah on July 8th, 2013.

How did we get here? Here is the background story.....
I have always wanted to serve a mission. A few months before I turned twenty one and could qualify to serve, I met Warren. He sent me a "mission call letter" asking me to marry him and be his eternal companion and promised me that we would serve a mission together after our children had grown up and left the nest. Well ....35 years later we are on our big adventure together.

We had actually been planning our mission three years from now after Warren would retire, but after praying about when to set the date for us to go - we switched to a three month plan.

Selling our home and belongings was very hard and I had some tearful moments BUT it became easier as so many friends were excited about becoming the new owners of things that we have enjoyed. We were also able to give to those who had a need.
I am so grateful for all our friends who have supported us and made this possible. As hard as it was at the time, we now feel so unburdened and FREE! We can go and serve without worldly things being a burden - it is an amazing feeling.
And I must mention, that it is because our children are doing well (living the gospel and making wise choices with their lives) that has made our mission possible at this time. I am so grateful for their support. It is hard to miss the birth of two grandchildren, and Emily's baptism - but we know that we are to be serving a mission at this time and the Lord will bless us all! Thank goodness for the amazing technology so we can see and talk to our family and stay connected even though we are on the other side of the world.

Three years ago, we visited Sweden. I fell in love with the people and especially my new friends that I had met there. When we got home from the trip I had told Warren that when we retired I wanted to go spend a summer in Sweden. Well now I am going for two years! I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us personally and provides miracles in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment