Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our Last Tuesday Devotional before we leave the MTC

We have been receiving more training this week. We have been learning how to be more effective with our computer skills. It is amazing all the new tricks we have learned for programs that we have used for years. We are also receiving training for the church program " iMOS". It is so incredible the things that it will do to help each mission accomplish all the tasks that are required on a daily basis. Our instructors are very helpful and well informed on what we need to know. Again we are making close friends with our new small group.
At meal times we meet up with old friends from last week or new couples that have just arrived for their first week of training. It is funny to feel so experienced with the routines here at the Mission Training Center.

We attended another large devotional at the Marriot Center tonight. Elder Hinckley (son of Gordon B. Hinckley) and his wife were are guest speakers. It was a great meeting. After the meeting a photographer took a picture of us (the largest group of missionaries ever gathered so far). It is fun to be part of making history. This meeting was also being broadcast to all the MTC's around the world. I hope that we get a chance to see this picture sometime.

I am thinking of all of you, and feeling grateful for our times together. I hope and pray that all is well with all of you and that you will make choices in your life that will continue to bring you great joy. I would like to bear my testimony to you. I am so grateful for the "Plan of Salvation" that we know where we came from, know why we are here, and know where we are going. And the most wonderful thing of all, I know that our Heavenly Father knows us personally by name, and loves us. I keep learning to trust in Him more each day, and it strengthens my faith. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement that enables us to be resurrected and have eternal life. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and restored the true gospel to the earth today. I know the Book of Mormon is true. As you read the promise in Moroni 10: 3-5 you too can know it is true for yourself. (and that it testifies of Christ). I know that President Monson is our prophet today. I am so grateful for all the leaders who spent their time and energy on all our behalf. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment